- Sales Skillls: getting out and 'closing deals' is a real weakness (see Why Business Owners Suck at Selling).
- Bookkeeping: Many don't do it at all and if they do, they don't run the numbers or properly read the reports.
- Leadership: They keep having 'employee problems' and don't realize it's a leadership issue.
As their coach/advisor, our job is to help them shore up these weaknesses. They've got two choices:
- Hire someone to take over, either an outsourced talent or an employee
- Improve her/his own skill set through training and study
The key here is to identify the weakness and take some action to rectify it. Set a goal with your client to put that remedy in action with measurable results and hold them accountable to it, and you'll both see a marked improvement in the entire business.
Where Should I Go Now?
Main Blog Page
Become A Business Coach like Stuart